Since E-Wood processes your personal data, we need to inform you about your rights as an individual, in accordance with the applicable European regulation.
The processing of your personal data may take place because of a legal obligation to do so or the contractual relationship between the two of us. In addition, the processing may take place because of a legitimate interest held by E-Wood or simply because you have given us your consent to process your personal data. You can always ask us to clarify on which legal basis we process your data via the contact details mentioned at the end of this privacy statement.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information that you provide to us when completing the contact forms on our website, for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, our e-mail notifications and/or newsletters;
- information that you provide to us in the context of our services when you make use of it;
- information that you provide to us in the context of any other cooperation or execution of an agreement to provide services or goods;
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to the website and our products, services and/or promotions;
- be able to answer the questions you ask us and provide you with the requested information;
- be able to provide you with our services optimally and, if necessary, to comply with all contractual or legal obligations;
- let the execution of any other agreement that exists between us go well;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We do not engage in automated decision-making based on the personal data we collect/process from you.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purpose of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this privacy. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Your data are being stored in accordance with the statutory retention periods or as long as necessary for the purposes described above and – of the processing is based solely on your consent - at the latest until withdrawal of your consent.
Third parties websites
The website contains possibly links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
At your first request the following information will be provided, free of charge and within the period of one month:
- which data are being stored?
- why are these data stored?
- for what period of time are these date stored or expected to be stored?
- when applicable, the recipients of the data?
- are the data being used for automated decision-making, the logic involved as well as the envisaged consequences of such processing;
Next to the notification of the above mentioned information within a reasonable period of time (in any event within one month), we inform you of all rights you can exercise if needed:
the right to rectification: if you think that certain data which are being processed by us, are inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request a rectification of completion, by giving an additional declaration;
the right to erasure: also known as the right to be forgotten: you have the right to demand that your personal data will be erased or deleted in case of one of the following events:
- if the data are no longer required for the purpose for which they were collected or processed;
- if the data are being processed based on your consent and you want to withdraw your consent, provided that we have no other legal ground for the processing of your personal data;
- If you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- If you think the data were processed unlawfully from the beginning;
- If the erasure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- If the data are collected in relation to the offer of information society services to a child;
the right to restriction of the processing: you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in case of one of the following events:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you prefer a restriction instead of the complete erasure;
- the personal data are no longer needed for the purposes of the processing, but you need them for the submission, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- if you objected against the processing pending the verification of your complaint;
the right to an electronic copy and transfer: you have – in case the processing of your personal data is based on your consent - the right to obtain a copy of the personal data you provided, in a structured, a commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit those data to another controller (when the processing was based on consent and the processing was carried out by automated means);
the right to object: you have – in case the processing occurs in the public interest or a legitimate interest – the right to object to the processing, also to profiling and in case of processing for direct marketing purposes;
the right to lodge a complaint: if you think there has been an infringement on the European privacy legislation, you have the possibility to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority concerned:
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
The aforementioned requests can be rejected or replied to in a restrictive way, when this is necessary to safeguard national security, national defense, public security, the prevention, investigation, detection and the prosecution of criminal offences, other objectives of general public interest, the protection of judicial independence and judicial proceedings, the prevention, investigation, detection and the prosecution of breaches of ethics for regulated professions, a monitoring, inspection or regulatory function related to, even occasionally, the exercise of official authority, the protection of the data subject or the rights and freedoms of others, the enforcement of civil law claims.
To exercise your rights, you can at all times submit a written request to info(at)e-woodenergy.com
Your request has to mention at least the following data: full name and surname, address, date of birth of the data subject and a copy of a valid ID or other proof of legitimation. When the request is submitted by a legal representative or proxy on behalf of the data subject, the request has to contain a piece of evidence of the representation or proxy, a copy of a valid ID or other proof of legitimation of the data subject and the applicant (unless the latter is a lawyer). Your request will be handled free of charge, within a period of one month, insofar the request contained all the necessary information as mentioned above.